The manufacturer of custom steel beams and the roofing accessories asked us to create a web app with an order management system and unique product drawings editor (like a web-based CAD system to create drawings for the required product).
We started with the implementation of the React.JS editor as a proof-of-concept. Then the client decided to move further and began the work on the OMS and the backend. Thus, we created a workable MVP that was going to be used by the client's company internally.
The solution satisfices both the manufacturer and its customers’ needs. In the core of the application there is an order management system covering all production processes on the manufacturer side. Several modules were created for the effective management and optimization:
- Workflow module for project management — each submitted order goes into the "Submitted" column within the board. Company staff moves the order card between columns to indicate the order state (manufacturing, prepared for delivery, shipped, delivered).
- Deliveries module — a scheduler for orders deliveries with drag-and-drop functionality and integration with the workflow module.
- MYOB integration module — a fully working one-way integration between the app and MYOB (a popular Australian accounting system used worldwide).
- PDF generator module — PDF documents are generated out of orders and invoices. The PDFs can be downloaded directly or sent by email.
- Notifications module — staff and end-customers are informed about the changes in the order via emails and SMS notifications. It is built around Amazon SES and Amazon SNS services.
The app also supports customers at every step of their journey, from placing an order to receiving the shipment. They get access to an online product drawings editor.
The key features of the editor include:
- Seamless drawing with a few mouse clicks, defining the positions and the number of finish bends;
- An online calculation of orders according to the chosen options;
- Selection of a detail material, thickness and color;
- Automatic price calculation.
- JSON Web Token
- Django REST framework
- PyJWT, MySQL
After significant time of internal usage and improvements we expanded the solution, and it became a SaaS startup in the manufacturing space. It became the application for manufacturing companies, designed specifically for small and medium-sized enterprises.
After working with the Sibers team for over two years, we have been delighted with our experience. Sibers have acted as a true extension of our business and have become a critical part of our success. The quality of work coupled with their ability to scale and grow their involvement with our own business has given us unparalleled flexibility. It has, and continues to be, a highly successful partnership.
Similar case studies
Ambulance Service Mobile Intranet and Medical Record AppLafayette, LA, USA
Paramedics gained reliable Intranet access from their mobile devices, and patients received a branded, easy-to-use, time-saving application for their health management. The end-result for the client was increased customer loyalty, higher employee satisfaction, and financial security for the business’s non-emergency transportation branch.Case study in details
TapTrip: Seamless Business Travel ManagementUK
Being the quickest way to find and book the best flight, train, taxi and hotel — covering all needs for a particular business trip, it also serves as a control center for managing all the travel within a company.Case study in details
Transfercar Car RelocationAuckland, New Zealand
Car relocation is one of the largest cost components for any vehicle rental business. In fact, companies spend huge amounts of money on trucks and trains to move cars between branches. Sibers refined a web service where travelers willing to follow the same route that rental companies use to transfer their cars could get a car free of charge. In return, rental car companies would pay considerably less for car relocation than they would pay to professional “car movers”.Case study in details